A world where multi resistant bacteria are a rarity
To educate, support veterinary professionals and pet carers on the treatment and prevention of multi – resistant bacterial infections
Good Health is all about preventing infections in this way:
Highlight best hygiene practice in veterinary medicine.
Offer support/advice to people whose animals have multi-resistant infections.
Promote responsible use of antibiotics.
Educate about the development and spread of multi-antimicrobial resistance between humans and animals.
In order to achieve our goals we
• Support, inform, advice, and educate people whose animals develop, or are at risk of developing, multi-antimicrobial resistant infections. In addition, support people who have infections and concerns about cross infection in the home.
• Offer educational information on prevention of multi-antimicrobial resistant infections.
• Provide up-to-date information and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to vets and vet nurses.
• Provide direct access to our clinical specialists to support veterinary professionals.
• Collaborate with human and animal healthcare organizations to disseminate the latest academic research in multi-antimicrobial resistance.
Engage with parliamentary groups to promote the foundation’s activities on animal health and welfare issues.
Did you know...
Those who work in health settings, including vets and veterinary practice staff, may have a higher risk of carrying MRSA than the general population.